When choosing a surface for your horse stalls, how do you decide which material will provide the most comfort? Comparing two popular mats, solid rubber and foam, can help with the decision.
Solid Rubber Mats:
- Long life; added ability to withstand continued use
- Can help keep dust production down
- Can help to reduce slippage
- May assist in preserving your floor’s natural surface
- May require additional bedding materials for comfort
- Could retain odor and moisture
- Heavy (can weigh up to 150 pounds); making it difficult to remove and level/clean out horse stalls
- Memory foam material helps cushion tired/strained ligaments and joints
- May be sized for wall-to-wall coverage in a variety of horse stalls
- Remains level
- May resist bacteria growth
- Initial expense; however, many come with a warranty
When it comes to choosing a horse stalls surface, for the best return on investment and overall comfort it pays to choose SmartStall™, by IGK Equestrian. In addition to all the benefits listed above, SmartStall™ features a waterproof, woven top cover that helps to reduce labor and disposal efforts and cost, along with a 5-year warranty.
Let IGK Equestrian know what mats are you using in your stalls now?